Monday, November 29, 2010
Pals Paper Arts. I decided to use My Digital Studio, because I don't have Deck the Halls paper except in digital form. So after I made this card, I went back and looked at Pals Paper Arts Design Team samples and Ann Schach has used the same paper. So althought I wasn't trying to, I kinda copied her card. I tried to add lots of different layers and shading to give the card more depth. This card might look simple but it took me 2 hours to create.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Christmas Day 1981. I was in Grade 7. I was thinking about Music, Boys, and getting ready for High School. I hated my braces and the bad perm I had received a few months before. But I loved that sweater and that Popeye pin.
I made this page with My Digital Studio. Many of the colours on the page were actually colour matched from the photo, so I can't actually list the Stampin' Up! names. I used the Medallion stamp on the background paper and reduced the opacity so that it blended into the background.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
I made this card for the colour challenge over at the Paper Players this week. These colours reminded me of Christmas. I decided to use Chocolate Chip as my neutral, but then realized that I needed some more punch so I added a tiny bit of So Saffron to add more interest. This image is another one I found for free somewhere off the net a few years ago. I printed it out with My Digital Studio and then coloured it in with Watercolour Crayons and an Aquapainter. I used a two way glue pen and some dazzling diamonds to give the gingerbread house some sparkle!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
This week at Stampin Royalty the challenge is to feature PATTERNED PAPER (or DSP as Stampin' Up! would say) The idea is to make the patterned paper a focal point of your project. I used Greenhouse Gala DSP for this card. This card is cased from one designed by the great MaryFish. Click here for her blog. I cut the butterflies out with the Bigz butterfly die for the Big shot.
The Fun Stuff
1. Paper – Greenhouse Gala, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip
2. Punches – Scallop Trim Border
3. Accessories – Big Beautiful Butterflies for the Big Shot, Rhinestone Brads
Monday, November 15, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
I wasn't very thrilled with the photos I got from the birthday party. In fact, I didn't get any good ones of blowing out the candles, or unwrapping presents. So I scrounged up these few of my kids eating the icing off the blue cupcakes and came up with this page.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
The Fun Digital Stuff:
1. Paper – Nite Owl, Cast A Spell
2. Ink – Basic Black, Whisper White
3. Stamps (brushes) – Spooky Things
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
So here's how I made this card. First I stamped the "wreath" using the medallion stamp. I stamped it with Garden Green on Whisper White, and I carefully cut it out and also cut out the middle to get a wreath shape. I got this idea from the fabulous Arielle Gordon. Click here for her blog. The poppies were cut out of the DSP which is available as a hostess set, I also used Glimmer Brads as the poppy centres. I used Real Red Satin Ribbon across the wreath and cut the letters out using the Naturally Serif Sizzlit die for the Big Shot. The gold paper came on the inside of a Christmas Card I received last year. The Lavendar Ribbon is made using retired ribbon from the Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals available on the Clearance Rack.
The Fun Stuff
1. Stamps – Medallion
2. Paper – Whisper White, Garden Green, In Color DSP
3. Ink – Garden Green, Poppy Parade
4. Accessories – Glimmer Brads, Naturally Serif Sizzlits Strip Die, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals, Stampin Dimensionals
Saturday, November 6, 2010
The Fun Stuff:
1. Stamps – Shalom Sayings
2. Ink – Brilliant Blue
3. Paper – Brilliant Blue, Whisper White from SU! and glittery silver from DCWV
4. Accessories – small scallop square die for the Big Shot, satin organza ribbon, silver thread and stampin ‘ dimensionals.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
The Fun Stuff:
1. Stamps – Punch Potpourri, Oval All
2. Ink – So Saffron, Marina Mist, Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzaz
3. Paper – Whisper White, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzaz, Cajun Craze
4. Punches – Boho Blossom, Bird, large Heart, Scallop Oval, Large Oval and Scallop Trim Border
5. Accessories – Jewel Basic Rhinestones, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Silver Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals