Friday, January 30, 2009

Guitar Heroine



This is one of my favourite photos of my daughter. It was taken when she was 8 months old. One of my husbands favourite Playstation games is Guitar Hero. That is why this picture is dubbed my Guitar Heroine. I bought this paper (from Crate Paper) last year as I was sure that I would have some great Pics of my hubby, but once I snapped this one of Teagan, I knew that I had a layout in the making.

I have to say that I have been learning more and more about photo editing and the smaller of the 2 photos in this layout was completely overexposed but I managed to salvage it. You see, these 2 pictures were taken with my phone as we were over at a friend's house when this happened. I simply lay Teagan down on the floor, and gave her the toy guitar and this is how she held it - what a natural eh? What else can you expect when you have 2 music teachers for parents? I also strategically placed some embellishments over flaws in the picture (there was a stain on the carpet for example)

When my new stamps arrived from Stampin Up! today, I knew that I had to use the "A Little Somethin'" stamp set (level 2 hostess) The Lovey Dovey, and Rock Star sentiments were stamped in Blue Bayou ink on Close to Cocoa cardstock and cut out (my new punches arrive tomorrow and I just couldn't wait).

The guitar and Rock Star sentiments were cut out of another piece of DSP (not sure who makes it). I popped the title (Rock Star) up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The clear glitter is Dazzling Diamonds which was applied with my 2 way glue pen. The other glittery images are stickers from the dollar store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop