Monday, July 18, 2011

HOLIDAY MINI sneak peek and an Artisan Award Swap!!!!



Today I've got 2 projects for you.  Actually, having just come home from convention yesterday, I have decided that I need to post up some of the fabulous swaps that I received.  So I will try to put up at least one swap with every post for the next few weeks.  But anyway, starting with this project.  The wreath is stamped from a set from the new Holiday Mini, which goes live on September 1st.  This set, called Warmest Wishes, is the hostess set in the new mini.  When I saw it I knew it was number one on my wish list.  There are 5 images, but I'm not allowed to show you the actual stamps right now. I can show you samples though, so why not start out with one I actually cased from the mini itself?  This wreath is so versatile.  You can use it for a fall image, like I did, or a Christmas image etc.  There are enless possibilities.  The centre is punched with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch.  All the stamps in this set coordinate with punches.  I love when things coordinate with punches.  It makes cardmaking go sooooooo quickly, and they all look great!   Here's some of the supplies I used.  Remember that I can't show you the stamps so I had to cut them out of the photo.
 Now, on to even better projects.  For our artisan dinner on Friday, we did a swap.  This card is made by Connie Collins.  Isn't it fabulous?  I love how she used all that DSP and then coordinated the background with the Dotted Textured Impressions Folder.  Now if you think this card is fabulous, check out below.

Connie didn't just present us with the card, she then packaged it in a clear box made with Window Sheets and added some crimped paper as confetti.  It really finished off the whole card and gave it a fall, or harvest feel.  What talent!  Check back tomorrow when I will have other Artisan projects to share with you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks

Queenie Jeannie said...

I've already made up my order on Excel and I'm all set to go on the 1st of August!!! LOVE being a Demo, lol!!!!

So glad you enjoyed Convention! I'm sure you got a lot of "insider" info. I'll be going to the European Convention in November!