Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stampin' Up! Facebook Project

I can't believe it, but in the middle of all my construction crisis at home, I completely forot to post up about my Stampin' Up! facebook project.  So here it is. 

This is the actual photo they posted on facebook.  I had to digitally alter the background to remove the stocking banner as it was too busy a background.  That's why the photo looks so fake.  The top photo was taken in my light box, so it's a better photo, but I couldn't fit the entire forest of trees in there.  But check out the top photo for a closer look at the details.

I traced out a cone pattern onto some retired cardstock and made a template.  Then I traced each template again, and then altered them to be smaller.  So I think I used around 5 sizes of cone.  I used the Red Glimmer and the Silver Glimmer paper with the Letters to Santa DSP.  Once I had assembled the entire thing, I decided it needed more bling, so I coated the DSP with Tombo glue using a paintbrush, and then dumped glitter all over them.  It sure made a mess.
I wound up covered in glitter.  Each cone was topped with a little flag.  I used the 25 and counting stamp set from the current mini, and I stamped them all in Early Espresso on Whisper White Card Stock.  Then I punched them out with the 1" square punch and mounted them on a shape punched with the postage stamp punch.  I used my scraps from this project for these postage stamp shapes.  So they are a variety of colours.  I mounted them each on a strip of Early Espresso cardstock, and then inserted it into the top of the cone and glued it down inside.  I originally found this idea on the webiste

1 comment:

Dawn Braun said...

your little advent trees are cute! I have a friend who did this too... :)