Thursday, November 20, 2008

Odin's Card


My new nephew has arrived. Welcome Odin Henry Jack Horvath! The little guy was born last night. So here is my congratulations card to celebrate this fabulous day. He was a week late, so I figured that the sticker "worth the wait" was very appropriate. I used the retired Simply Scrappin' kit Special Delivery Boy! I still miss last years In Colours. So I decided to use the kit and thought, I need to check out Splitcoast Stampers to find the perfect card to CASE. So I finally sat down and tried to directly case a card I found off of Splitcoast. What I discovered was the splitcoast Dirty Dozen. I cased their sites and I am enamoured with Dawn Easton's site TreasureOiler. Now she's from Edmonton and loves the Oilers ice hockey team, and I, of course, being from Vancouver, am a die-hard Canucks fan. And the Oilers are our arch rivals. But I tried to ignore that when I viewed her site. Her cards are beautiful. Anyway, I looked over her recent posts and started with one card to CASE, and then decided to change it a bit, so it looked a bit like another of her cards. Eventually I hd to give up with which card exactly it was that I CASE'd. Some would call this my own design, but I'm so confused that I thought I better give credit for my inspiration. And by the way, Odin is 24 hours old now and both Mom and baby are doing excellent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop