Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #11

Wow - did I have a lot of fun making this card. Now, I have to be honest, although I created this sketch, I don't actually remember the source of my inspiration. So when I went back to make a card, I was really stumped at first. But once I pulled out my Sunny Day Simply Scrappin' Kit, I found my inspiration. I flipped the sketch. I pulled out the oval label and deciced to use it as my starting point. I used my Extra Large Fancy Flower punch to create the scallops around it. I cut each punch out like in the photo below
Then I attached them to the bottom side of the oval as in the picture below.
Most of the flowers were stickers from the cut, some I cut out for more details, and some flowers were stamped from the Petal Pizzazz set and cut out. The bird and leaves were cut out using the Extra Large Two Step Bird punch from the Occasions Mini. I used dimensionals to layer the flowers and bird. Once I got started this was a really simple card to make.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I wondered where those big scallops came from. Very clever and VERY good to know! Love your card and all the beautiful colors! Thanks for the great challenges!

Unknown said...

great card Sandra!!
I love the way that you put all the flowers