Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stampin Royalty Challenge #78

Sorry I'm late with this post - its the last day of school today and so I've been terribly busy with that, plus a big family wedding this weekend which my hubby is in the bridal party, so there's a lot of scheduling to juggle.  Anyway.  This week at Stampin' Royalty, the challenge is to GO PATRIOTIC.  Friday is July 1st or Canada Day, and July 4 is obviously important to our American friends.  Hop on over to Stampin' Royalty to check out the fabulous designs made by the Stampin' Royalty Goddesses.  I cased a card made by Mary Fish a few months ago to come up with this design.  I'm not 100 percent pleased with the final product, but at least I got to use my 'Glorious and Free' stamp set which has been collecting dust.  The colours in this card are Riding Hood Red, a touch of Cherry Cobbler for the sponging, and Whisper White and Early Espresso Cardstock.  I used several embossing folders and then brayered over the raised side with Riding Hood Red.  Many of the images were stamped twice to give depth to the colours. I also used the Fun Flowers die for the big shot.  Everything was distressed and sponged.

No comments: