Monday, April 9, 2012

Colour Q Challenge #132


When I first looked at this colour combo I almost gagged.
  I really don't like red and orange together,
and add olive green and ...
yuck!


I scrapped this fabulous photo of my husband and his siblings.
It's from his Brother's wedding last summer.
The photo was taken by the extremely talented Lee Halliday,
of Lee Halliday photography.  Click here to check out her work.

When I scrap a digital page for Colour Q I like to find a paper (DSP) that has some of the colours in it. This becomes my starting point. The Everyday Enchantment paper was perfect. I really like the two papers that I used on this page. They are my favouite patterns in the set.
Adding the overlay was a bit of a risk for me, but I really like how it turned out and I love the vintage look of this page despite the colour palette.

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

Great photo and beautiful page layout, love the background print or digi.

Silke Ledlow said...

Sandra, I love how you used the colors...this is another fabulous digi page! Hugs ~S~