Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Few Chalenges Today...

Well, things are finally winding down around here. 
Summer holidays begin next weekend, and team sports have come to an end for my kids.
My daughter got really sick at school yesterday with a high fever and had us all worried last night.
But after a bit of Tylenol and a few hours sleep her fever broke.
And this morning she woke up bouncing and giggling.
But I decided to keep her home with me today, so we had a girly day in my craft room.
She worked in her Hello Kitty Smashbook and I made a few cards.
 
 
I came up with this card.  I used  a few embossing folders on some patterned paper.
Then I sanded them down to bring out the white core.
I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the paper trimmer and some craft scissors.
 
 
I added this lace ribbon and a little flower.
The flower was originally a coral colour and I sponged it with orange to help it match the challenge colours.
 
 
I've entered this card in the sketch challenge at Seize the Birthday,
and the colour challenge over at The Play Date Café.

 
 
Here it is in all its glory.
I just couldn't get the colours in the photo right. 
That chartreuse coloured patterned paper looks much yellower in real life.
It's from K&Co.
The background green is from Crate Paper.
The lacy ribbon is from my stash and everything else is from Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful! I love your embossing/sanding technique and the gorgeous flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)

anya said...

Ooh! So pretty! Love how you combined the embossed patterns - the sanding really gives it such depth! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a beautiful textured card, Sandra!