Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stampin Royalty Challenge #126

Has it really been 126 challenges?  It just kinda hit me today that we've been doing this for over 2 years.  Wow.  Time flies sometimes eh?

But I digress...

Happens alot these days I think...

ANYWAY!

This week we have a timely challenge for you over at Stampin' Royalty.
Hop on over and check out the awesome samples created by the design team.

This week the challenge is to create something

MASCULINE

So I decided to get an early start on a few Father's Day cards.

Both my hubby and my dad are really great at building things.
My dad was a carpenter before he retired,
and hubby and I flipped 3 other houses before we moved here last year.
And after all the mess with the flood last December - we're never moving again.
I mean it.
Especially as we're going to finish up my dream Crafting room this summer.

But here I go again.

Focus, Sandra, Focus...

OK, I would up with two cards for the two "Fathers" in my life.


I don't have the background stamp "TOOL SHED" in real life, but I have the DIGITAL version.


I cut out the hammer and popped it up on dimensionals.  I cut the long strips of dimensionals from the side parts of the dimensionals.  You know, the funny long strips that are left after you use up all the dimensionals on the paper. You can kinda see them peeking out from underneath the hammer in the photo above.
I mounted the hammer on on of the die cuts from the new Apothecary Labels Framelits.  I also emobssed it with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder.
Then I mounted it on Early Espresso cardstock and then carefully cut it out to help it stand out against the background.
I  

I created the sentiment in MDS as well, and then cut it out with a different label from the Apothecary Labels set.  Again I mounted it on Early Espresso and carefully cut it out by hand.  And then I put it on Old Olive and repeated the last step for a multi layered matte.

OK, now card number two took me a while.  I just couldn't figure out what to do with the sentiments.


I finally cut out the Happy Father's Day with the same framelit as in the last card, and then I used my paper cutter to trim off the top and bottom.  And then I mounted it on Early Espresso and carefully cut it out by hand again.  I did the same with the HANDYMAN sentiment, only I used one of the Bitty Banners Framelits for that.


I used another die cut from the Apothecary Labels set.  The same die cut as in the first card, and I even embossed it again with the textured impressions folder. 
I cut it in half to frame out this card, but it still didn't look right.
So I grabbed my retiring Crop-a-Dile and some retired grommets, and put a few eyelets in.


I think it worked out quite nicely.


What do you think????


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think they look great! I love how you incorporate MDS images and stamped images and paper ... so inspiring!

Donna said...

GREAT masculine cards! Very creative.