Friday, June 8, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #38

WooHOO
This is my 1000th post.
I find it hard to believe that I have done this
ONE THOUSAND times.
Crazy right?

Well, on to the stamping...

Well I finally had time to pull out the new stamp set Papaya Collage.


And then I decided to try out the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


I decided to try out a vintage look.


I stamped the frame on some of the new Comfort Cafe paper (DSP)
I tore the edges and distressed them with sandpaper and a sponge.
I did the same with the layer of First Edition DSP (paper)


Do you like the medallion in the middle?  I stamped the image on Very Vanilla and then used the new labels framelits to trim it down.  I aligned the framelit with one edge of the image, cut it out, then aligned it with the other edge and cut it out again.  I'm pretty pleased with the result.


I stamped the butterfly on a piece of First Edition DSP as well. 
Then I cut it out and popped it up on a very small piece of a Stampin' Dimensional.


The above photo shows the butterfly from another angle. 


I gathered some Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon
and used and Edgelit to trim a piece of Midnight Muse card stock for the bottom.


Here's a final view of my card.
You can really see the letters on the butterfly in this one.


9 comments:

Allisa said...

Congrats on your 1000th post! Love the popped up butterfly and your color scheme! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a pretty card .... I love soft vintage, pretty colours and fab seam binding ribbon ... great job!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Callahan said...

1000??? Really??? Amazing - looking forward to at least 1000 more! This card is gorgeous - love the new set and you showcased it perfectly - all those details and ruffled ribbon to boot - yum!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Sandra! Congrats on reaching a thousand posts - wow! You definitely achieved a vintage look. I just love the large scroll frame and the butterfly. That beautiful ribbon adds the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing!

Jen Timko said...

Sandra this is stunning! Perfect card for your 1000th post since everything you make is so wonderful. Lovely details on this one. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

WOW!! This card is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And congrats on your 1000th post!! That is awesome too!!

I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #67 with a link back to your blog on 6-10-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Sandie Conner said...

Very Pretty Sandra! I love all of the little touches that you put on this card! Congrats on your 1000th post!

Jen Brum said...

Very beautiful card! Wow! Congratulations on your 1000th post and for being featured on My Crafty Picks! There was a lot of work that went into this card and it's all fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sarah said...

I love this card! So pretty!