Saturday, December 29, 2012

Recovering Rapidly

Are you recovering rapidly???  From your turkey hangover I mean???
 Scroll down for the stamp that inspired my title if you're interested.
 
I am having so much fun playing with my new box of pre-order goodies.
I have tons to show you.  First off, check out these adorable pinwheels.
They're made with a new Sizlit.
 
 
I also thought I'd give you a little tutorial on how I sometimes matte my die cuts.
This works best with framelits.

 
Take your framelit and using your paper piercing tool, trace around.
You're scratching the outline. 
You should get something like the example below.
 
 
 
Notice that it's not perfect, but it's close.
 
 
Next, carefully cut out your scratched image.
Do you best, but don't worry too much about little imperfections.
 
 
After you cut it out, attach your die cut to the middle of your piece.
 
 
Then I distress the edges.  You can use sandpaper, or scissors to do this.
Once I put my card together, I decided that it needed more contrast, so I matted it again.
This time I cut it out freehand, so it was really imperfect.
That meant I had to REALLY distress the orange layer.
 
 
On this card I used the new patterned paper (DSP), embossing folder, and stamp set that you can earn free during Sale-a-bration.  I also pulled out my favourite framelits, and used the new pinwheel Sizlits from the new Spring Catalogue.


2 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

A great card and thanks for the tip with the dies.

Linda Callahan said...

Genius - just genius!~ I am so going to use this idea to mat shapes!