Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spooky Nights!

This is my entry into the creative challenge on SoShelli.com. Shelli Gardner is the CEO of Stampin Up! and her blog is linked on my sidebar. Anyway the current challenge is to do a Halloween project. I have looked through all the entries so far and I have to admit that I am very intimidated. But what the hey, I might as well try. (but I digress) So this is supposed to be wall decor. I hope to frame it in one of my shadowboxes. The stampsets I used were Season of Friendship, Halloween Frights, and Holiday Blitz. First I started by punching out the scallop with my Big Shot in Summer Sun cardstock. Next I stamped it with the leaves in many shades of Earth Elements ink.
Most of the images were stamped in Versa Mark and Embossed with clear Embossing powder. I then cut them out with a pair of craft scissors. I assembled the scene on Elegant Eggplant textured cardstock and then trimmed and glued on Summer Sun cardstock and then again on Basic Black cardstock. The sentiment was stamped on Creamy Caramel cardstock and embossed in black. Then I punched it out with my new scallop square punch and brushed the edges with Creamy Caramel ink. The owl and the sentiment were popped up with stampin dimensionals. Other cardstock used was Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie. I love to use purple with Halloween.

No comments: