Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Scrapbook


Here's a page I made for a Challenge at a Scrap Arts, a local scrapbooking store. This is for their April Challenge. The required elements are:
one baby photo, 2 patterned papers, hand-stitching, ribon, buttons, and journaling.
I started with my all-time favourite baby photo of my daughter (and I). She's a week old and almost smiling. She looks so peaceful. Next I dug out some baby girl paper from SEI that I've been saving for a while. This paper is double sided and I had 4 different styles, so I flipped and flopped it until I found the right colour combination. Then I found that my new sale-a-bration So Saffron ribbon matched perfectly. The next challenge was hand stiching. Now I am terrible at hand stitching. But I took out my Cutterbee and ran it over the paper in a wavy line, and then I used the indentations as a guide to hand stich the flower stem. I took some white flowers and dyed them with SU ink (apricot appeal and blush blossom) I stamped the leaves with mellow moss from the Itty Bitty Buds set (my new FAVOURITE set). The buttons were partially from SU and partially from my stash. The title 'magical' is a metal label from the dollar store. I used the label to inspire my journaling which I printed out from the computer. It reads "I never imagined that being a parent could be so magical. Teagan Louise at one week old." I used my nestabilities for the label.