Tuesday, March 3, 2009



So I actually sat down tonight to make some cards. It's been a rough weekend. Report cards were due on Monday, and on friday my computer just stopped working. The screen went black and nothing worked to fix it. Needless to say, Saturday was spent trying to get the silly thing fixed. Thankfully the Geek Squad figured out the problem and my DH was able to fix it himself. So I didn't actually blow up the motherboard as was originally thought, and my report cards were NOT lost in the shuffle. My husband...My hero!
So I digress... the cards were made for my dear friend Heather. She has a significant birthday coming up this week. As well, about a month ago she told me she was pregnant with twins! So I finally got down to making her a congratulations card. Both cards were made with embossed cards from DCWV. I applied ink to both of them. The birthday card didn't really photograph well, but I used Pirouette Pink in the direct to paper technique and then used the Sweet Always paper to make the present. I used making memories sticky letters to put on her name and the magic number and I applied some Martha Stewart glitter to give the letters some bling! Heather is a glitter addict, so I knew that this was the right way to go. The baby card used the Big on Spring stamp set from last years' Occasions Mini, and I coloured in the letters and onesie with my SU markers, and then applied opaque glitter with my two way glue pen. I applied Lovely Lavendar ink by sponging it on to the card. I used my nesties for the scalloped rectangle and ovals. I used the "That's Funny" stamp set on the interior of the card and coloured them in with my SU markers. The photographic memory sentiment is soooo appropriate for Heather. She remembers EVERYTHING. Heather and I have known each other for 2o years and there are a few things I wish she could forget. But I have struggled with 'Baby Brain' since I first got pregnant, so maybe she will too. We'll see. Anyway, I had a lot of fun making these cards because I spent the time remembering a lot of funny things that have happened to Heather and I in the past, and I'm looking forwards to playdates in the future.

1 comment:

Heather Johnston said...

That's what I loved about being pregnant so many times! I pled "pregnancy brain", then "new mummy brain" and now I can slip directly into senility! It's great!

Congrats to your friend and those are awesome cards! (She might have to dial back the glitter for a while, though.)