Thursday, March 26, 2009

Drinks by the Pool...


This layout was created for a challenge at a local scrapbooking store. You needed to do a multi-photo layout with flowers, a 3D item and a circle element. The photos were from our recent holiday in Palm Springs. Unfortunately I did not get a good photo of Teagan looking at the camera with her sunglasses on which was what I was trying to do when I took these photos. Anyway, so I tried to pull colours from the photos for the layout. The colours in the paper are Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip. I'm not a big Orange fan, but I felt that I needed to use orange as Teagan's sippy cup was the inspiration for the title. Orange and pink led me naturally to the Always DSP. Chocolate Chip was a natural for the photo matting. The letters were punched out with the Big Shot, as were most of the flowers. The blue embelishments and the butterflies were from Mike's and the circle embelishments I found in Palm Springs and they are from K&Co. The brads and eyelets are from my stash. I also used the top note die for the title. The journalling was printed off my computer and inked with Pumpkin Pie. It took me absolutely hours to do this project and I almost gave up, but then I pulled in the turquoise colour and it all fell into place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop