Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Practical Scrappers - stickers challenge

Here's my first sample for the design team over at Practical Scrappers. The idea behind this challenge blog is to use up the supplies you have on hand. This week's challenge is to use stickers.
Well I have a ton of stickers in my stash. I think I originally became obsessed with paper when I started collecting stickers back in Elementary School. The stickers on this card are the butterfly and the flower. I bought them waaay back a few yeras ago. I was immediately attracted to these stickers because they are my favourite colours (purple and green). The tiny pearls on each corner are also stickers from my stash.
This card is made mostly with Stampin' Up! product. I tried to match the colours to the stickers as best as possible. I don't think that they show up well in the photo, but I thought they were pretty close in real life. (new camera coming soon...) The colours from SU are: Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White and So Saffron. Stamps - Tiny Tags, Accessories are So Saffron Grosgrain, tag punch, ticket corner punch, top note die, linen thread and buttons from SU.

4 comments:

Barb Craft said...

Love your stickers!! They are perfect for this card!! and I love the splash of color the ribbon added!! Isn't it great to use up some of the old stuff and make it look current?!!!
Barb :)

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I always forget to use my stickers.

Love your blog in a box!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love those stickers and your ribbon is beautiful!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Heidi M said...

Hi Sandra!

Welcome! Such a pretty card. Had to laugh about collecting stickers. I actually still have them - LOL! Looking forward to seeing more of your work :)