Sunday, October 17, 2010

Retired Christmas

I made this card for a recent christmas swap for demonstrators. The swap was designed for us to recreate our favourite christmas cards from retired items. The stamp was stamped in Versamark ink and covered in White Embossing powder. Then I used my heat gun to set it. Then I used a two way glue pen to cover the tree with glitter. The Baja Breeze and Whisper White cardstock were cut out with the top note die. I cut the edge off of the baja breeze in order to matte it with the white. The DSP is from a retired hostess set from a few years ago. And the whole thing was mounted on some retired Blue Bayou cardstock. The ribbon is made from White Satin organza ribbon and retired Baja Breeze satin ribbon. I wrapped it with silver twine and tied the ribbon together as a bow.

6 comments:

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Very striking and lovely. I love the bow!
Cynthia Stevenson

Joanne Leddy said...

This is gorgeous. Ok, how'd you make the bow? Just beautiful!

Sally said...

Absolutley stunning

savvy teaching tips said...

I'll post up a tutorial on the bow in the next few days.

Sabriena Satchwell said...

This is so elegant. I love it. :-)

patriziawithaz said...

I am so glad I followed you here from the comment you left on my Blog Sandra. I haven't looked at everything yet but this card is fabulous - I love it !! So much so that you have inspired me to try something similar (I hope you don't mind ) x