Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #42

It's Wednesday and that means another challenge over at Stampin' Royalty. This week the challenge is a recipe challenge.

RIBBONS, RIBBONS, RIBBONS.
I am really into the Halloween spirit these days. My children are old enough to understand what Halloween means. But as we are in the last vestiges of our renovations, I haven't pulled out the Halloween decorations in our house. There's no point in decorating the construction mess. Anyway, in order to get my fix, I decided to make another Halloween card. Here's my creation.
I also entered this card into Glitterbabe's Challenge. Click Here for her challenge blog.

This card was inspired by a card made by the fabulous Patti Lee. Click here to see her original card. I really liked the circles on the paper used by Patti so I decided to use My Digital Studio, and create my own patterned paper.

How did I make this? Well first I pulled up a page from the Nite Owl DSP available for My Digital Studio. Next I used circle circus and stamped several images in old olive, perfect plum, so saffron and pumpkin pie. Then I used the bat punch and filled it with black and stamped it all over the page. Then I printed the paper out on my colour printer. Once I had the printed paper, I drew the shoe shape on top and cut it out. Patti refers to a shoe template, so if you are interested in one, follow the links to her blog. But I simply drew my own. In order to emphasize our Ribbons challenge, I used grosgrain ribbon to make the witch's sock. The spider is from the Dark and Dreary set. I stamped it on white, coloured it in with watercolor pencils, painted it with an aquapainter, and then carefully cut it out with craft scissors.

The Fun Stuff
1. Stamps – Dark and Dreary, Tiny Tags
2. Ink – Basic Black, Versa Mark
3. Paper – Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Nite Owl DSP
4. Ribbon – Pumpkin Pie Taffeta, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black and Old Olive Grosgrain
5. Accessories – Button Bouquet, Ting Tags Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals,

10 comments:

Patti said...

Love this card. That shoe is terrific. Great idea to make your own paper with MDS. TFS

Beverly G said...

Wow, Wow,and Wow, very clever. You can really work that MDS.

Stef H said...

oh is this fabulous! love that spider! thank you so much for joining us at gliterbabe's challenge.

hugs :)

MarieK said...

WOW! This is so cool. I love the shoe idea but I especially love that you made your own digital paper!

ileana said...

OMG, Sandra!! you overdo yourself on this one! love that boot and the paper is great!!!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Glitterbabe´s Challenge this week, hugs!

Rochelle said...

Oh how fun is this! And I love that you made the DSP using MDS!!! And those ribbon socks...so cute! Thanks for playing at the Stampin' Celebration this week!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I love the ribbon sock and the MDS paper. Great ideas. :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

Candace said...

Love it! Awesome to create your DSP with My Digital Studio. How creative. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the SCIC!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

So spooky cool!!! Love your DSP. What a fabulous idea. Congrats on being chosen one of the Top 4 at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge. Thanks for playing along with us!!

Sandy Ang said...

What a great Halloween card ! Makes me want to play with digital stuff too.