Friday, May 20, 2011

Soft Subtles and a Sketch


Today I had the day off!  It was a nice quiet day with no children and no hubby. I did a bit of unpacking and then decided to sit down in my new craft room and create.  This is what I came up with.  I used the sketch from this week's Pals Paper Arts, and I used the colours from Just Add Ink.  I also submitted this into the butterflies challenge at Less Is More.

I dusted off a set I haven't used in a while - Fabulous Friend.  I stamped the butterfly and the frame in each colour and then carefully cut them out.  I folded the butterflies and attached them in the middle.

12 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is a beautiful example to remind me to ink up that set again too. Thanks for playing with the colour challenge at Just Add Ink.

Linda Callahan said...

The colors look wonderful on the butterflies! Pretty card!

Sarah said...

Very pretty! I love this set.

Nikki Spencer said...

Great use of the colours Sandra, love those butterflies too! glad you could join us at JAI.

Rachel Moore said...

love your work, i do love that butterfly, i must get it out for my next card. it dose work so well with this colour challenge

Lynn said...

This is so beautiful. It would suit the challenge at Less Is More - www.simplylessismoore.blogspot.com - all the Limettes would love to see your work. Lynn x

Melanie C said...

So pretty - I love how the butterflies are accented. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Patrice said...

Such a pretty card - you've inspired me to get that set out, dust it off and ink it up!

Lovely that you joined us at JAI this week.

Mandi said...

Hi Sandra
Your crd is fabulous! Slightly more layered than our criteria, but, a delight for us to see
Thank you for entering
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, eautiful colours, and love those butterflies!

Seafield Jo said...

This is a beautiful card Sandra, I love your choice of colours. Jo x

Susan said...

That's a very pretty set of butterflies! Love the colors!