Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Quilt



So I was surprised to note that I haven't posted since last Wednesday. I have been busy working on some Christmas projects. I'll post them soon, but they're not ready yet. Anyway it's snowing like crazy here in Vancouver and that means that the roads are treacherous. You see, although we live in Canada, we don't get snow very often, and so when it does snow, nobody is prepared. We often have years with no snow at all, just lots of rain. So I had to turn down a day snowboarding at Whistler today because the temperature was minus 18 (celsius) yesterday and I'm not willing to spend a heap of money to literally freeze my buns off. Although the snow is gorgeous and it would have been an awesome day.
So I digress. I've put up a picture of a beautiful quilt that my Mom, Elaine Anderson, made for me. She is an award winning quiltmaker who belongs to the Lions Gate Quilters Guild here in North Vancouver. She has entered quilts in shows all over including Seattle, WA. I absolutely love the detailing in this quilt and I'm inspired to copy some of it for a future Christmas card - we'll see.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hello! What a beautiful quilt.I`m from Norway and i think we maybe are related. My name is Ruth and i`m from Verdal. If this is right, i met your mother and father last summer when they were here in Norway and your mother showed me some pictures of quilts she had made. If i am right in this maybe we can keep in touch. Love to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop