Tuesday, December 9, 2008




I've been working for several days now on this Happy Holidays Banner. There have been several different versions posted on Splitcoast Stampers and I decided to try to make one to compliment my living room which has Eggplant as an accent colour. Have I said before that purple is, hands down, my absolute favourite colour!!!!! I used Elegant Eggplant as the base cardstock and then used some lavender cardstock in my Cricut Expressions to cut out the letters. I put the acordian shape together and then stamped it with snowflakes in Elegant Eggplant. The 2 stamp sets used were Snow Swirled and Scandinavian Season. glued the letters on some beautiful cream coloured DSP that I picked up from the local scrapbooking store and then I layered it onto some glitter cardstock from the DCWV stack. I had to use eyelets to attach to the glitter cardstock. Most of the images were stamped in Versa Mark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I love the way they POP on the dark purple. The final touches were snowflake sequins for sparkle and a few filigree brads and rhinestone brads.



1 comment:

Kari said...

Love this Sandra! It's so elegant - you have such a talent!!!