Monday, December 8, 2008

If you've been following my blog for some time now, you will have heard about my shadowboxes that I'm trying to update with seasonal decor. I have four of these 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch shadowboxes that I picked up for a steal last summer. And I'm trying to keep up to date with the season with them. For Christmas I decided to use the Ski Slope DSP as the base of my projects. I am scandinavian in heritage (Icelandic, Norwegian, and Danish) and the prints on this paper remind me of the ski sweaters that my family have. I used this as inspiration to design these 4 boxes. The first box was based on a gift card holder that I designed and I"ve posted below and on my splitcoast gallery. The stamp is from the Deer Friends stamp set and it's stamped in chocolate chip on Real Red cardstock and then punched out with various circle punches and the scallop circle.
This next box took the longest to make. And I'm not really happy with the fact that the 2 words aren't parallel. But It's too difficult to change as I used double sided sticky tape to adhere it. The letters are stickers from the dollar store. I used my 2 square punches to punch out the blue bayou and whisper white cardstock. The snowflakes are from Snow Swirled and stamped in Blue Bayou on Whisper white and punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. Next I added a rhinestone brad to the centre and adhered this to blue bayou cardstock punched out with the circle scallop punch. Finally I added a bit of glitter to balance out the glittery letters.


The next box is my absolute favourite of the group. I used the top note die and punched out shapes in Blue Bayou and Soft Sky. I cut the soft sky one on the perforation marks. Next I stamped the tree from Snow Swirled in Blue Bayou and added glitter. I also used the Christmas stamp from Punches Three (hostess set) and mounted in on whisper white and used my corner rounder punch on the corners. The ribbon is from Michael's.
The last box is also based on a gift card holder I made which is posted below and on splitcoast. Anyway, I made the stocking shape and added a loop for more detail. The I used the Season of Cheer rub ons and used my 2 way glue pen to add glitter to the sentiment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop