Monday, February 22, 2010

Brayered Sympathy

These cards were started for a Stampin Royalty Challenge but I deviated from the plan and came up with these cards. I love Pacific Point blue (last year's In Color) This card was made with the Eastern Blooms stampset. I stamped the branches in White Craft Ink and then Heat Embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I brayered on the orange and yellow. Finally I stamped the blooms and cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and it was punched out with the word window and then mounted on the Modern Label punch out. Finally I used Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon to finish it all off.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful cards Sandra!!
I like the flowers, and the colors that you used

Kim said...

These are beautiful!! I'll have to give this a try as I don't use my brayer often! Did you use glossy white or whisper white paper?Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a moment to leave me a comment!

savvy teaching tips said...

I used Whisper White this time - but glossy works too.

Stef H said...

these are absolutely stunning! a truly beautiful job brayering too!

Corie said...

WOW -- these are jaw-dropping gorgeous!!

Lesley said...

LOVE them!!!! So simply gorgeous!

Faye Marie said...

Great color scheme!! I don't know if you watch project runway but last week they made a comment about blue and orange don't go together and I totally disagree! You are demonstrating how great those colors can look together.

Check out my blog candy

http://alittledashof.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-candy.html

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful Sandra!!
love the brayered bg!
blessings, Maria