Friday, February 26, 2010

Would you believe??

OK, now that I've alienated my international readers :) I'd like to explain what this page is all about. Firstly - would you believe that this whole page was created with all Stampin' Up! products???? Pretty crazy eh? Well, let me explain. This is the absolute definition of HYBRID. First I started with MDS (My Digital Studio) and created the background paper. I enlarged punches and colour filled them and layered them and added stamps in various colours and had a blast making it. (but it took hours). The background paper was created on a 12x12 page layout and then printed out as an 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper on Whisper White (basically the top got cut off). I mounted it on a 12x12 page of Night of Navy to bring it up to a 12x12 size. Below is a jpeg of the digital page.

And here's my ticket to the game which shows the Vancouver 2010 colours which I have tried to evoke in my page.
Next I found the perfect photo of my hubby and I standing outside of the stadium waiting to get in. Yes, believe it or not, GM Place (now dubbed Canada Hockey Place) is right near the ocean. Thank goodness it was a sunny day! The photo of the Canadian flag was taken of the big screen during the hockey game. The rings were made with circle punches, carstock and some dazzling diamonds glitter. And the type was made with MDS and printed out on Whisper White.

This is where you might want to tune out if you are solely a crafting junkie and not a sport junkie like me. Below I have posted a You Tube video that is taken from a broadcast on NBC. When I first saw this last week I went through a box of kleenex. Seeing as so many of my readers are American, I thought you might find this of interest because the Winter Olympics are currently happening here in Vancouver.



7 comments:

Stef H said...

wow! this is all SUPER!!! wow!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

SANDRA!!!!!! This is AMAZING!!!!!!! I absolutely love it! Pleeeeese post a tutorial on that amazing background! GO CANADA GO!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE the stunning LO, Sandra!

And I watched that video and cried too ... thanks so much for sharing it here. I wish all Americans would see this fabulous piece!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

I love the background! And the video is very touching!

Beverly G said...

Wow, what a super page. I might have to spring for that software. I haven't commented for awhile, but when you get through having fun at the Olympics, check out my blog, I left you a little something,if you don't want to pass it on that's o.k., just a little appreciation from me to you. You've given me some very useful tips.

MarieK said...

WOW!!! I love the background page and would love to know how you did it.
I can't wait for a tutorial or some kind of explanation. I have MDS but I just haven't had the time to play with it.
It looks like you've mastered it though!
Marie
ps. The photo is cute too!

Crystal said...

I cannot BELIEVE you made that with MDS! Wow!!!! Great job & tfs! :)