Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Boxing Day!

Happy Boxing Day! Now that Christmas is over, there are tons of photos to be scrapped. This layout is a hybrid. That means I used a combination of digital scrapbooking and traditional papercrafting to make this page. The photo, and all the layers it is mounted on were done digitally with MDS. I didn't have any christmas paper that worked with this photo, and I wanted to stick to the colour challenge below, so I decided to make my own. One little tip is that if you do all the photo mounting digitally, you can centre every piece exactly so that it's perfect. The title was made from chipboard which I inked up with real red ink, and the tree was made using current and retired SU buttons. The final touch was adding the bands of ribbon to the bottom.



The Fun Stuff:
1. Paper – Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Photo paper
2. Ribbons - Real Red Double Stiched Grosgrain, Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain, White RicRack from Beachfront Ribbon Originals
3. Buttons - Playground and Button Latte collections, and Subtles, Brights, and Neutrals collections
4. Adhesives – Crystal Effects and SNAIL
5. Digital Accessories from My Digital Studio –
a. “paper” – Glorious Green, Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Whisper White
b. “stamp brushes” – Snow Burst, Wishes and Greetings
c. Pearls

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both of your submissions are so pretty! I love the button tree, I made a card with a similar tree recently, you can NEVER have too many buttons, right? :)