Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stampin Royalty Challenge #49

This week is a theme challenge over at Stampin' Royalty. We'd love to see projects with a Winter Holiday theme. Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanza, Whatever...
So first I made a few Christmas cards. These are hybrid cards. I started by printing out digital copies of the Deck the Halls DSP (patterned paper). Next I printed out images from Cardinal Christmas and Bells and Boughs Digital Brush sets. The sentiment is from Cardinal Christmas as well. I printed them all out on Whisper White cardstock. Then I used blender pens and stamp pads to fill in the images. The backgrounds were made from Whisper White cardstock which was put through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice textured impressions folder. Then I sponged on River Rock ink around the edges and put some extra on the corners. Then I distressed the edges. Then I sponged the edges again. Next I used the Colour Spritzer tool to add colour to the middle. I then took the coloured in images and mounted them on 2 layers of cardstock. Then I realized that I should have done something with the edges, so I used the Colour Spritzer tool to add more colour to it to and 'age' it. I'm trying for the vintage look here, but somehow I'm not so sure I pulled it off very well, it's not my typical style. On both cards I used the Scallop Trim border punch and added ribbon to finish it off. The cardinal card has a ribbon tied with silver thread. The bottom card uses a brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware to finish it off.




The Fun Stuff:
1. Paper - Deck the Halls DSP, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
2. Stamps - A Cardinal Christmas, Bells and Boughs
3. Ink - Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight, River Rock
4. Accessories - Scallop Trim Border Punch, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder for the Big Shot, Modern Label punch, Real Red satin ribbon, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain, Hodgepodge Hardware, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: