Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thanks for Mojo

I finally had time to sit down and play with my new toys from Stampin' Up! I decided to try them out on the latest Mojo Monday sketch. I took my new Botanical Gazette patterned paper and ran it through the big shot with the latest Framed Tulips textured impressions embossing folder. Next I sanded it down to reveal the white inner of the paper. Then I used my distressing tools to rough up the edges. I trimmed down another page of the same patterned paper and stamped it with the Thanks sentiment and then sponged the edges with Early Espresso. The ribbon is the new Seam Binding Ribbon in Crumb Cake, and the leaves were punched out of Old Olive cardstock with the two step bird punch. The flower was made using the new Build a Blossom stamp set and Blossom Petals Punch. I sponged the edges of the flowers for more dimension. Finally I added a few Basic Pearls to finish off the sketch. This card was really fun to make.

The Fun Stuff:1. Paper – Botanical Gazette DSP, Whisper White and Early Espresso cardstock
2. Stamps – Build a Blossom, Thank You Kindly
3. Ink – So Saffron, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso
4. Accessories – Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for the Big Shot, Sanding Block, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Blossom Petals Punch, Basic Pearls Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!