Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Colour Q Challenge # 79

It's Tuesday, and that means a new colour challenge over at Colour Q.  This combo is bright and bold and I like it!!!  But it took me a while to figure out how to combine these all together.  I had this photo of my mom and my aunt.  The colour of my aunt's sweater really caught my eye and was the reason I chose it for this layout.  But that's as far as I got for a while.  Finally I decided to use the photo of the skirt from the badge and crop it and repeat it to create my own DSP.  Because of the texture in the folds of the skirt, it's pretty difficult to see where the cropped photos overlap.  I also used the template from Vintage Overlays and cropped it for an 8.5x11 page.  Add a few ribbons and pompom trim and VOILA!  And of course this page was created using My Digital Studio

1 comment:

Anne Marie Hile said...

So cool! Before I read through your post, all I kept thinking was "that paper is just awesome, wow!!". What a great technique! I just got MDS installed the other day and am really looking forward to learning how to use it. Lovin' this color combo, too! :) Have a great day!