Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Cool Hybrid Card for Create


This week at Create with Connie and Mary we have a Theme Challenge for you.  The Challenge is:

 COOL CHRISTMAS CARD 
 that one of a kind for someone special.

I'm not sure if this is really a Cool Card, but I added Marina Mist, and then Cherry Cobbler which is on the cooler side of the red spectrum.  But other C words come to mind really, like "cluttered", "crazy", or "crowded".  Once I put this baby together, I pulled back and realized just how much I put on it.  This is a hybrid card as the images from Established Elegance, and Seasons Greetings were printed out of My Digital Studio. 

 I really wanted to make a card for my Mom.  She loves traditional Christmas themes and I thought that vintage would be a great way to go.   Below you will find several closeups to give you another peek at some of the little details!






10 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, now that is one of a kind special! Gorgeous!

Connie Babbert said...

This is such an AWESOME card, Sandra! I love all the layers of postage...great use of that DSP! Thanks for joining us this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie
www.createwithconnieandmary.com

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous!!

Linda Callahan said...

Hmmm I look at this and think "C"ollage - and a fabulous one at that! I love all those layers!

Ruthie said...

I usually don't care for "busy" cards but I LOVE what you have done here! It IS a card for someone special! Great job on this one!!!! :)

StampingBetty said...

GR8 card!

Lesley said...

Wow Sandra...this is really cool indeed! I love all the elements at work here! Your mom will cherish it I am sure! This card is a keeper!

Debbie Henderson said...

This is a def WOW card. Well done with all the layers, the doily fits in perfectly in the background, I love it!

jjcreations said...

Fabulous card - I love all the stamps! It may be crazy and cluttered but it's creative and captivating too.

Judi Sparks said...

Whoa! What a great card. I sure love it but would not want to make that one over and over again. Who could afford it?