Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vintage, Pink, Christmas (again)




Ever have one of those weeks?  Well it's been a doozy around here.  One very sick 4 year old meant that Brad had to take a day off of work to watch her, and then I had to bring her to school on my professional day where she sat in the back of the room and played puzzles for long periods of time.  I'll give her credit, she was a real rock star!  (too sick to misbehave I think)  Yesterday I started getting viscious abdominal pains, but nothing else, so I'm not really too sick for work, but I feel like crap.  Today, I came home from work to a 5 year old who had lost his voice, and a very cranky husband.  A few hours later, I was busy cleaning up all kinds of messes in the bathroom from all 3 aforementioned family members.  I think the worst complainer of them all is, OF COURSE, my hubby.  Anyway...
Enough about my life!

How about a card?  Well I actually made this card with bits and pieces left over from this card here.  I decided to enter the contest for a card with something PINK over at Practical Scrappers, but due to my amazingly crazy week... I missed the deadline. - surprise, surprise.

So here it is it all it's glory.  I actually put a lot of time into this card and was really proud of it.  I'm not really sure who would like a pink Christmas card, but I'm sure I can figure it out somehow.

 I used a tiny scrap of fabric for the bow, and tied some baker's twine to tie it up with a mini jingle bell.  These are soooooo adorable.  Now that I've opened the pack, I'm sure they will find there way on to many of my Christmas Cards this year.  The doily is from the flirtatious DSP and I sponged the white side with Pink Pirouette inki.

The Fun Stuff:
1.  Paper - Beau Chateau DSP, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Flirtatious DSP
2.  Ink - Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
3.  Stamps - Pines and Pointesettias, Teeny Tiny Wishes
4.  Accessories - Beau Chateau DS Fabric, Tiny Tag Punch,  1 3/4" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Jingle Bells, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder for the Big Shot, Stocking Punch

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Well I think it's brilliant!!! LOVE pink for any occasion, lol! Sorry you missed the deadline though - that happens to me more often than not, lol!!! Hopefully the fam will cooperate and get better SOONEST!!