Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hybrid Christmas?

This card was CASE'd from Jenny Moors over at Stamping Moments. This is a digital image that I created using MDS (My Digital Studio).
I printed out this card several times and decided to try my hand at hybrid cardmaking. First I printed it out on my wireless laser printer but the colour didn't look right (see the 2 cards at the front of the picture below) So then I printed it out on Whisper White cardstock (see the 2 cards at the back of the photo)
The picture below is a copy of the card printed out on Whisper White cardstock.
The card below is printed out on regular paper in a laser printer. I mounted the card front on whipser white cardstock. I drew in the strings by hand with a chocolate chip marker.Thc card below was printed out on regular paper in a laser printer twice. Then I mounted the background on whisper white cardstock and added an actual real red grosgrain ribbon. The centre rectangle was cut out, mounted on whisper white cardstock and then popped up on dimensionals.
The centre image on this card below was printed out with my bublejet and then cut out and mounted on Very Vanilla cardstock. I then used some old DSP to make the background and then popped up the rectangle and mounted it on dimensionals.
As you can see, there are many different takes on this card. I took a great design from a great designer and then put it into MDS in about 15 minutes. Next I printed it out on two printers and tried different ways of presenting it. This is an easy way to produce multiple copies of your cards.

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is gorgeous! You can't tell in these photos that they are printed on laser printer! :) TFS

Sammye Jo said...

I would have no idea they were printed!!! They look great!!!! I have something for you on my blog :) www.62cards.blogspot.com

Sammye Jo :)

Stamping Moments said...

Hi Sandra,

Wow! They look great, we don't have the digital thingey. xx