Monday, October 12, 2009

SPCC combo number 19

HAPPY TURKEY DAY CANADA!!! - I just have to throw that in here as today is Canadian Thanksgiving. Why is it not the same as the American Thanksgiving you might ask???? Well, seeing as we live a bit further North, our harvest is a bit sooner, and so we celebrate is a bit earlier. (Not that many of us actually harvest our own food anymore) - but I digress. Today is Monday and time for another wonderful colour challenge over at SPCC. Please check out the blog to see what wonderful prizes are up for grabs this week. I know that Samantha, the scrapmaster, works hard to secure awesome prizes for you every week.
Wow do I LOVE this colour combo. Purple and Green is my fav, I tell you. Samantha never ceases to AMAZE me with her talent at picking colour combos. For this card I used the Petal Pizzaz stamp set which is one of my fav's as well. I tried, I really tried to make this an all Stampin' UP! card, but until they come out with something as awesome as nestabilities, I have to use my nesties once in a while. So I used the scallop rectangle and the labels 4 dies. All the paper, all the stamps, all the ink is SU! I stamped the images and carefully cut around them and popped them all up on dimensionals. I used Stampin' Write markers to colour in the sentiment which is from the Full of Life stamp set.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you've done with this color combo! I looked at it and went huh? but then saw your sample and it was like a light bulb went off! So gorgeous!

Susan said...

Your card is just gorgeous! The double row of ribbon is such a nice touch.

Emily said...

Love this! You are so talented.

Emily-SP Diva

Kristina said...

Sandra - this is spectacular - love the vibrancy of the blue, the spotty ribbon - inspiring! You Rock!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I am loving all the layering.

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

What a great card. Love the layout and all the layers.

Jenn

Stephanie said...

I just love all the layers on your card! They really makes your card pop! Great job with the colors! You rock Miss Diva!

ShoppingTamii said...

that's so pretty!

Roxy said...

At first when I saw this colour combo, I thought "No way!" But, maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the inspiration.

Daniella said...

The dimension on those flowers is divine Diva! Great card!

Allison said...

Beautiful card! You rocked this week's color combo!

heidi said...

This is such a pretty card. Very well proportioned. Love those flowers!!

Heidi SP Diva

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow! This card just blows me away!