Sunday, July 22, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #44

  Wow - 2 cards in 2 days.  It's been a while for that. 


 But my parents are home.  I didn't want to carry their anniversary and birthday cards all the way to Europe and back so I decided to make the cards when I got home.  Life was a bit crazy there at the end of June.  So, for my Dad's 80th birthday card, I decided to use this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.

So I pulled out more of my new stamps and decided to play along.


The stamp sets I used were Daydream Medallions, Blue Ribbon, and Memorable Moments.


I stamped and paper pieced together the award medallion


I popped up the centre on dimensionals.


My colour palette was Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla.


Here's a few more views.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous card Sandra. Looks like you found some new mojo in Europe!! :)
I have that Daydreams Medallions set but haven't played with it yet. Now I'm inspired!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely card! I totally love the colour choices and your unique take on the sketch! What a great 80th birthday card! A definite milestone to celebrate! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... what a fabulous card ... the medallions are great and I love your creative stamping .. aweseome!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Allisa said...

Love your birthday card! I have to make a 90th card soon....and so think I will be casing some of your ideas! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Sandra! I love, love this card! That color combo is perfect and the ribbon is awesome! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!