Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm Baaaaccckkkk

Yes, we're back in Canada, on familiar soil.  We had a wonderful trip to the Mediterannean, and I will share more photos as I scrap them over the next few months.  We're happy, we're tired, we're jetlagged, and we really enjoyed our trip.

Anyway, I digress...



I actually got to sit down yesterday and stamp!!!!!!!  It feels so good to have my hands on paper and rubber and ink again.  For this card I used a few of my newest stamp sets.
Papaya Collage, Papillon Potpourri and Memorable Moments.

I made this card for my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary which we celebrated on the Cruise Ship.


I stamped the sentiment from Memorable Moments and cut little flags around them.


Next I stamped and cut out the numbers 5 and 0 and the 'TH' letters.


I am entering this card in two challenges. 
I used the sketch from Pals Paper Arts this week. 
And the colours and dry embossing from Embellish Magazine's challenge.


I like the fact that the dry embossing allows me to have all the layers from the sketch, but also still create a clean look with minimal colours.


Colours I chose to match the Embellish Magazine colours were:
Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, and Wild Wasabi.
I added brown as a neutral colour for the frame and the sentiments.


I stamped off the Wild Wasabi to make it a bit softer for the leaves.


I used Perfect Plum for the butterfly and then stamped off Perfect Plum
 for the frame behind the number "50".


The buttons bring in the Elegant Eggplant and the stronger Wild Wasabi colour.

3 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Welcome home!! Your card is gorgeous and your parents will love it, I'm sure! All the sweet elements you added just come together to make a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Pals this week!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Sandra! Welcome back!!

Linda Callahan said...

Hooray for returning home after a wonderful trip! And you had the energy to create such a beautiful card!