Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Yesterday was my hubby's 35th birthday. I decided to pull out the set Memorable Moments, yet again.  I just love the numbers and sentiments.  This set is perfect for personalizing a birthday or anniversary card.   


On our trip through Europe I found myself completely overwhelmed and surprised by all the patterns that I saw.  So I decided to take lots of pictures of them and use them to create a series of cards.
Here's the first card in that series.
The card above was inspired by the marble patterns that I saw in Florence and Pisa, Italy.
  
 

I used this photo taken of the cathedral in Pisa. 
Everyone knows all about the famous bell tower which stands beside it.
Here's a quick photo if you don't know which one I mean.


I used Whisper White, Cajun Craze, and Always Artichoke. 
I brushed on a bit of Sahara Sand to add texture.


Then I decided to use the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday
I turned it sideways.


I made the zig zags with the Tasteful Trims die. 


I used a few punches and some fussy cutting to cut out the sentiments and frames.


And then popped everything up on dimensionals.



I ran it through the Big Shot with my new Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.


I sponged on some Sahara Sand.


 And voila - the finished card.  What's so perfect about this card is that not only my hubby knew exactly which picture I used for inspiration, but he also loves the colours.
  

3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE you're inspiration and the texture is phenomenal!! Thanks for joining us this week at TSOT! ;)

Jenn Picard said...

Eek Sandra this card is fantastic! Love what you did with the sketch and LOVE your inspiration photo:)So glad you could join us at TSOT!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Thank you for playing at Try Stampin'. Your card is just beautiful and the inspiration is stunning!