Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Hat

I decided to make this cute party hat. 
I used some of the new In Colors.  I really struggle with the new Summer Starfruit.  Yellow is not my favourite colour by any means.  But I really like Navy so I thought I'd try out this combo.


I'm entering this puppy in the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge this week.
This week they want party favours that can be "Anything BUT a Card."


 I used Summer Starfruit ink on paper of the same colour for a tone-on-tone look.


I punched out a lacy trim and then pleated it so that it would lie flat along the bottom of the hat.


I curved a few strips of paper for a burst out the top of the party hat.


Here's another look at that lacy border.

8 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!! Love the color on color!!! Love midnight muse with the summer starfruit- great color combo!!! Great accent border!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Krista said...

Love this little party hat! I especially like your choice of stamp and the cute little sprout coming out the top. So fun! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

inkedx2 said...

This is adorable! What a fun way to celebrate a special day. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Erika Clark said...

I think the Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse make a very nice color combo! Very cute! I love all the little paper curls coming out of the top. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Elizabeth Price said...

I agree with Erica. Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse are great together. Your party hat is too cute. Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Britta Ward said...

Super cute-love the lacy border and cute swirly top!

Bobbie said...

Good to read I'm not the only one who hasn't fallen in love with this color. This hat is super cute and would be such a fun centerpiece. So happy you joined us at HSS.

inkedx2 said...

Wow you made Summer Starfruit look good! This is an adorable hat. Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie