Thursday, October 4, 2012

Boardwalk Sympathy

 
 I really like the Simply Scrappin' kits this year.  They are excellent for making cards with.  There's a lot of little die cuts which make for easy embellishments, and there aren't any sentiments or Journaling tags, so you don't have to use it only for scrapbooking.
 
 
One of my co-workers is going through a difficult time with an injury and a very sick child.  So I made this sympathy card for our staff to send to him.
 
 
The sentiments were actually printed out with My Digital Studio 2 as I don't seem to own any sympathy stamps sets.  The one above was die cut with the Bitty Banners framelit and then mounted on some Old Olive card stock and cut out by hand.
 
 
I used the stickers in the kit as embellishments and popped them up on dimensionals.  I added the baker's twine for more detail.
 
 
Here's the finished card.  I really like the colours on this card and I'm sure my coworker will too.
 

3 comments:

stampinjul said...

This is a very nice card! I'm sure the family who receives it will be grateful for your concern!

Patti said...

A lovely card for an even lovelier thought for your co-worker.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very nice!!! I think this is just a perfect card!