Thursday, October 25, 2012

Proud Mamma

It was my nephew's birthday party last weekend, and so the kids and I decided to make him some birthday cards.  We knew he really liked Angry Birds, so I googled images of Angry Birds cards, and then took my hand at helping the kids.
 
This is Teagan's card.  We put some Gumball Green through the Big Shot with the grass sizzlit.  We stamped the Woodgrain background stamp on Crumb Cake and then punched out three pieces with the word window punch. 
 
We used the 1 1/4" circle punch for the red circle with Cherry Cobbler Card stock.  The eyes were punched out with the Owl punch and Teagan drew the pupils in with a marker.  She cut the feathers all by herself and Connor cut out the eyebrows for her. 
 
 
She stamped the birthday cake by herself and then cut it out by hand.  I helped her attach the bird and rubber bands to the card with mini glue dots.  Cute - right???

 
 
Connor's Card was made with help from me.  He punched out the circle and added the white triangle all by himself.  He made the eyebrows himself and used the owl punch for the eyes.  The beak is a circle that I cut and then scored in 1/4's.  I folded it up and cut a slit to make the bottom smaller than the other sides.  I attached it with glue dots.
 
 
We ran the background of Daffodil delight through the Big Shot with the Woodgrain tetured embossing folder.
 
 
We used Scallop Polka Dot ribbon on the bottom.
 
 
The sentiment was stamped and then Connor coloured in the letters.  I cut out the white paper and then mounted it on Basic Black.  Connor cut it out by hand.

1 comment:

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome birthday cards Sandra! We love *Angry Birds* at our house too :) !!! Hugs ~S~