Friday, October 5, 2012

Merry Monday #35

 After all the exciting swaps I received at Regionals last weekend, I decided to direct my focus to Christmas Cards.  Don't worry, I plan on posting all those swaps in the next few weeks.
 
 
I decided to try my hand at the Merry Monday sketch this week over at Lesley's blog
 
 
I pulled out the "Be Of Good Cheer" Simply Scrappin' Kit from the Holiday mini.
I got it free at Regionals last weekend.  Yup, FREE, my favourite four letter word!
 
 
I used some of the sticker die cuts to embellish the card.
 
 
I layered them up and added some rhinestones for more interest.
 
 
I used some of the border stickers to create long flags for the side of the card.
I mounted them on Basic Grey card stock to emphasize them.
 
 
 
I stamped the sentiment from Snow Swirled on the front and die cut it with
the Apothecary Labels framelit.  Then I mounted it twice on card stock and
I carefully cut it out by hand and added a few Brad's for interest.
 
 
Then I stamped the sentiment inside the card using Very Vanilla Craft Ink.
 
 
And I pulled out my Artisan Award Winning Stamp for the back!
 
Below is a closeup of the card - I have to say I think it's missing something, but needless to say,
 I won't be embarrased to send it to someone. 
 


11 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sandra! I love the colours and the way you have put them together. One of the most beautiful Christmas cards l have seen.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is really beautiful Sandra! I love your combination of DSPs - so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very elegant card, I don't think it is missing anything at all. I love the colour combination you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colors you used and all the layering!

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Sandra! Love the papers and your cute ornaments! This is perfect!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Patrice said...

Great card - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week and enter my washi tape giveaway!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-40-and-giveaway.html

Lesley said...

Hi Sandra,
I am so happy you played along, I love the green and the pretty ornateness. What regional did you attend? I would have gone with you!!! Next time! Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.
Hugs,
Lesley

Connie Collins said...

Sandra, this card is gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Good heavens, this card isn't missing a thing, except maybe the envelope addressed to ME! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

I don't know what it could be missing. It's perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This card lacks nothing-it is simply stunning! I just ordered that scrappin' kit-I may have to rethink my use of it!