It all started with this gorgeous picture of my daughter. I feel it captures the true spirit of my daughter and her love of smiles and laughter. The colours of her eyes, her shirt and the grey pillow were straight from the Walk In The Park DSP from the current occasions mini. Sometimes I find that when I look at a picture I can immediately see something falling into place. So when I first saw this picture of her, I knew that I already had my colours. With colour taken care of, I needed to figure out a good layout. The photo was already blown up as large as I wanted. Any bigger and the picture would be blurry. I also knew that I wanted to use a 12x12 layout as my daughter`s scrapbook is 12x12 and I want this picture in her scrapbook.
Mounting the picture carefully is important in order to have the picture be the focal point despite it`s smaller size. Above are 2 examples of how I played with the colours to matte the picture. The one on the bottom was the one I chose.
Next I decided to try and find a large title for the page. I was looking through my rub on collection and found these two titles which not only went well with the colours I chose, but also fit the spirit of the page perfectly. I layered the coloured DSP with the grey floral DSP, but felt that the border was not defined enough. So I took some white cardstock and punched it with the Eyelet Border punch.
I tried out a few layouts, including this one below and eventually decided that both words needed to be at the top.
After placing the title and the photos, I used my rub-ons and coordinating stamps to add the date and the butterflies. One thing I really love about Stampin`Up! stuff is that everything coordinates with something else. It makes the planning stages MUCH easier.