Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I can't decide


I can't decide if I like this card or not. I was playing around with my cuttlebug and big shot and really liked the purple embossed paper. First I ran it through the Big Shot and cut out the top note shape, then I ran it through the cuttlebug to emboss the image on it. I have discovered that if you reverse this process the embossed image gets flattened out by the Big Shot ('duh' I said to myself after I did that). The die cut shape was then adhered to a piece of Whisper white. I sponged the edges with Elegant Eggplant. I had already made a ton of thank you cards with pumpkin pie and the curly label punch, so I had this sentiment lying around - so I thought I'd try the orange with the purple. Now the ribbon and the paper are kind of peach in their colour. The paper is really sparkly. It's from Bazzil Paper. The ribbon is some old stuff I had lying around. Anyway, purple and orange are both secondary colours which means they should go together, but I'm not sure if it's my taste or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop