Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shiver Me Timbers


This card started as a CASE of this card here. I have only used this stamp set with my students at school when we were studying Pirates so I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to present itself. But I digress... My son's 3rd birthday is coming up and I really wanted to make Pirate invites. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun making this card. It took a long time to come up with this design because I started by going through all my options on splitcoast. This is a retired set so I had a lot of cards to choose from. The second picture above shows the whole inside flap and the bottom photo shows the inside of the card. My husband and I tried to come up with a pirate sounding announcement inside. I stamped the images with Versamark ink on the inside for more interest. If you click on the photo you can see them in more detail. I used Aqua painters on Watercolour paper for the top image - 10 invitations took HOURS to colour in but I'm pretty happy with the result. I see some nephew birthday cards in the future. Stamps: Ahoy Matey. Colours: Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Gable Green, and my white signo pen.