Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shiver Me Timbers

This card started as a CASE of this card here. I have only used this stamp set with my students at school when we were studying Pirates so I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to present itself. But I digress... My son's 3rd birthday is coming up and I really wanted to make Pirate invites. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun making this card. It took a long time to come up with this design because I started by going through all my options on splitcoast. This is a retired set so I had a lot of cards to choose from. The second picture above shows the whole inside flap and the bottom photo shows the inside of the card. My husband and I tried to come up with a pirate sounding announcement inside. I stamped the images with Versamark ink on the inside for more interest. If you click on the photo you can see them in more detail. I used Aqua painters on Watercolour paper for the top image - 10 invitations took HOURS to colour in but I'm pretty happy with the result. I see some nephew birthday cards in the future. Stamps: Ahoy Matey. Colours: Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Gable Green, and my white signo pen.


Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator said...

This is gorgeous Sandra

rozydesouza said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

Entertainment at one stop