Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge #82

I've been following the mojo monday sketch challenge for a while now. The cards that people come up with are absolutely stunning. This week's sketch really stood out for me. (It's at the bottom of this post.) Although it seems very simple, this sketch really stumped me. Then the light went on and I thought it would be perfect for a scrapbook page. So I made an 8 x 8 page for my shadowbox collection.
I started with this picture of my daughter. It's from our holiday last year and these glasses lasted about 10 seconds on her face. But I think that her expression, plus the glasses makes her look like a wannabe movie star. The colours in this layout were inspired by the colours in the 2 Sweet Simply Scrappin' Kit from Stampin' Up! I decided to use darker tones though. The colour of her glasses was identical to Lavender Lace so I started with textured Lavender Lace Cardstock. The colours in this layout are Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, and Kiwi Kiss. The DSP is Walk in the Park from the new Occasions Mini. The title is from the Greatest Moments Rub Ons. The Kiwi flower is from the 2 Sweet simply scrappin' kit. The lavender flower was made with the big shot and the cherry blossom embosslit. The layered flower was stamped from Petal Pizazz and then layered over 2 scallop circles.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

soooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

oh how adorable! LOL! Very sweet baby!~Donna