Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial #4

Today's Tutorial involves following a sketch and making a complimentary page to create a 2 page layout.
This sketch is from a challenge on Lotus Papiere. You can find the website here. I used the Sweet Always DSP as the paper in my layout. I wanted to use these 3 pictures of my daughter. I think that for me the colours I chose are not the best for these photos. I pulled the colours from my daughter's dress, but the green grass in the photos is so overwhelming that I don't think the colours work perfectly. But considering the effort that went in to creating this layout, I will keep it as is for now.

I found this sketch very simple and struggled with it until I tilted it around a bit. The flowers were created using the cherry blossom embosslit in the Big Shot. So after I decided that this layout wasn't worth entering the contest, I decided to try to make it into a 2 page layout for our family scrapbook. One of the nice things about Stampin' Up's DSP is that it all matches with their cardstock and inks. So I collected a few photos from the same day and mounted them on more DSP and cardstock from this palette.

Although this second page is very simple, I felt it was the perfect compliment to the busy-ness of the original layout. Here's the 2 page layout.

4 comments:

Meilani Z. Smith said...

I agree. It's a beautiful layout!!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Wow Sandra! I totally disagree that this page is not contest worthy! This is stunning!

Kari said...

This is a great layout!! - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

great ideas... great work..thanks for sharing.

___________________
Rozydesouza
Entertainment at one stop