Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Colour Q Challenge #77


 This week at Colour Q we have a fabulous combo.  I was so excited about this combo that I just couldn't wait to get started.  I had this beautiful photo of my daughter that I took a few weeks back.  I just love how incredibly joyful she looks in the photo.  The colours in the photo did not match the challenge colours, so I edited the photo to black and white - it's unbelieveably simply to do so in My Digital Studio.  Here's how I put the page together.
The background paper is Concord Crush.  Next I took a square punch and filled it with Bashful blue.  I enlarged the punch to almost the size of the page and centred it to create the purple border around the page.  Next I layered several of the Vintage Overlays stamps over the punch.  Most of them were coloured in Bermuda Bay and adjusted the opacity to make the paper appear vintage.  The final puple tulip border is an image from the Vintage Overlays stamp brush set, which I coloured in Concord Crush.  I also added the script image from the French Foilage set in Whisper White.
The flower images are from the Friends 24-7 stamp brush set.  I used a new technique that I just learned on My Digital Studio.net to colour them in.  If you use MDS then you NEED to sign up for mydigitalstudio.net It's open to demonstrators AND customers.  And it's a great resource to learn new tips and tricks.
Anyway, the flowers were coloured in Concord Crush and Kiwi Kiss.  The titles are images from the Greatest Moments stamp brush sets and then I used a text box to type in Teagans name and the date.
The embellishments are ribbons in Bashful Blue and Bermuda Bay and then I topped it all off with an Antique Brad.   Click here to find out how I coloured in the flowers. 

4 comments:

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Hey San! Do you mind adding a link to that MDS lesson? I've searched and searched and can't find it:( I LOVE what you did with those flowers!

Patti said...

Your page is so pretty. Your daughter's photo is so adorable. Love the idea of switching it to black and white.

Jenn Picard said...

Sandra great page :) Love how you coloured the flowers and who could resist that sweet face!

Tami Black said...

Absolutely adorable and I love her name as well!