Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pals Paper Arts Challenge 6

Whew! After all the craziness involved in creating my submission for last week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge, and all the excitment over winning the challenge (see my new blinkie on the sidebar?) I decided to tempt fate and enter this weeks challenge. It's a colour challenge - see the colours below - and I'm discovering that I'm a sucker for colour challenges.
This image was made with the Simple Birthday Thanks stamp. I paper pieced it together after stamping the image on Brocade Blue DSP, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, and Ruby Red Cardstock. I die cut the letters with the Billboard die for the Big Shot. I lightly sponged the icing with chocolate chip ink to give it a bit of definintion. The only non-Stampin' Up! items are the square rhinestones which I just couldn't help myself from adding.

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect use of the challenge colors! I see why you could not resist the square rhinestones...The were a perfect touch. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - colors look great and the stones are perfect! I also like your photo in your blog header..............

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Love this image and what you've done with it.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Patti MacLeith said...

What a cheerful creation! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

I love your cupcake card, Sandra! Nice job with the challenge colors! So happy and so fun! Thanks for playing along at PPA! Join us this Thursday for the next sketch challenge!

Margaret Moody
margaretmoody.typepad.com