Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Halloween in August??

Well I guess I should say September by the time I actually get this post up :)

This project was made for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge. This challenge blog was set up by the wonderfully talented Mary Fish. I love, love, LOVE her work. This week's challenge was to design a project with a Halloween Theme. I came up with this little Mini album. It would be great for pre-teens or teens. They could put little pictures in of their Halloween events one year, or maybe Mom would like to put together one with a picture from every year to showcase the different Halloween costumes over the years...the possibilities go on, and on...
First I made the house shape out of the heavy cardboard that we get with our DSP packs of paper. It's easy enough to cut in the paper cutter, but heavy enough to make a cover from. Next I inked up some Creamy Caramel paper to make the faux wood effect. Then I used punches to make the fence and the circles. This actually started out as a birdhouse card, so if you're wondering where the door is; it's a birdhouse!
The pages were made from clear envelopes I cut them down, and used a craft knife to add a little slit so you can access the pages. Then I made inserts and slid them in. Next I stapled all the inserts together and then attached them to the front cover using these cute eyelets I found at the fabric store. The great thing about these eyelets is that they are 2 pieces, so there's a front and a back which means no sharp edges on the inside of the album.
I put rings through the eyelets and attached the front and back cover together. Then I added some ribbons to the rings. This fabulous DSP is from K&Co. The ribbons are from Mike's and the Rings are from my stash. The ghost image on the cover was cut out of the DSP, inked and adhered to the cover. Look below to check out the bling on the back cover. The stamps used on the cover are SU! (halloween frights)

10 comments:

Denise said...

Ohh my goodness! This is Halloween happiness! I LOVE your mini album - especially decorated like a little haunted house - SO cute!! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Absolutely adorable album

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow = what a wonderful work!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Seriously... this is the best you've done yet! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Ann Schach said...

This is absolutely outstanding! I love everything about it! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

stampyandscrappy said...

great mini!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

You won!!!!!!!!!! Yippppeeeeeeee Sandra!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Sandra this album is amazing!!!!
And you WON top picks!
WOHOOOOOOO!!!!

Mary Fish said...

You prove that haunted houses can be adorable. Thanks so much for playing and congrats on being one of this week's Pals Paper Arts Picks! Hugs, Mary

Debbie said...

Wonderful ideas. I loved the haunted house.