Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mojo Time Again

What to do when you are at the cabin with no DSP? Well I actually had one piece of this foiled paper which is similar to the Bride DSP sold by Stampin up. I left the piece in the middle plain, and the "ribbon" strip was inked up with Bermuda Bay. The nice thing about this DSP is that the ink only sticks where there is no foil. Thus the pattern really stands out. With this card I also tried to create my own DSP. I hand stamped tone on tone to make the patterned paper on each side of the card. I found this sketch to be extremely complex and I find the final card to be very busy. But I tried to tone it down a bit by only using 3 colours. Sorry for the uninspiring picture. It's hard to find a place to take a nice picture at the cabin. I finally just went out on the lawn and lay the card down and took the photo from above.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Itty Bitty Buds. Ink: Bermuda Bay. Paper: Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Foiled DSP. Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Silver Brads, 1" circle punch.

No comments: