Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial #15

This is another page made using a sketch. I wanted to show how you can change a sketch to suit your subject. I looked at last weeks' 52 sketches for U and decided that I really liked the simplicity of this layout. However, because I'm at the cabin I really only brought a lot of In Color cardstock and that restricted my colour choices. Also, I went into town and developed some photos, but found that the only ones that fit a 2 picture layout, were ones of my son and hubby ( and daughter) so the flowers on this sketch were not really appropriate. I went for a more masculine feel with this earthy tone colour palette. I had to handwrite the journalling and I'll probably redo it on the computer when I'm back at home because I hate my printing but I digress. What I chose to do was replace the flowers with circles. I used the Circle Circus stamp set as it works perfectly with this sketch (and I brought it with me) and I then flipped the sketch because I felt the layout had more balance with the journaling on the left (for the most part).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute scrapbook layout.. : )